WordPress is one of the most widely installed Software on web hosting and most of the bloggers prefers WordPress for better engagement and traffic. In short, it is a blogging giant. WordPress is less complexity and easy to understand even for a beginners. You can get this software for your hosting from the official website. WordPress also provides web hosting, themes and domain name that you can buy from there.
There are thousands and thousands of Themes available in the market for WordPress includes Free and Paid premium themes. Here, we are going to discuss about How to Install Themes on WordPress without wasting the time let’s go to the topic.
We have a two methods to Install this amazing WordPress themes in one click – One is installing themes from the Dashboard and other one is uploading the theme from your computer or manually install.
Why Should we Install Themes?
Themes are the upper layer of the website which makes your site to good looking, drive more traffic (depends on which theme you’re installed). Moreover, it is actually what you are trying to show to the Audience that is what kind of blog or website you are using.
How to Setup WordPress Themes
1. Installing WordPress Themes Dashboard
This method is quiet easy to install themes from the WordPress Theme market. Most of the beginners preferred this step. If you are first time seeing the WordPress Dashboard then, here is the step by step guide to Install WordPress Themes.
- Login to your WordPress blog/Website.
- Then click on the Appearance -> Themes in the left sidebar of your WordPress dashboard. (see below image)
- Then, Click on the Add New Button which is presented at the top of the window (See the below image).
- Then, It will takes you a new page where you can search a new themes which you want to install. There are four options available in the themes page – Featured, Popular, Latest and Favorites. Also you can search specific design of wp theme by going Feature Filter.
- Then, Install and Activate the theme which is suited to your blog or website.
Some premium themes are also available in the market. There you need to purchase it after a trail period it over or will not got full features until you buy it.
2. Installing WordPress Themes Manually or Uploading to the Server
This is the another way to installing the WordPress Theme. Moreover, in this way users can downloaded the themes from some other websites like Themeforest and upload the .zip file to the server.
- Login to the WordPress blog.
- Go to Appearance -> Themes and click on the Add New button which is presented at the top of the window.
- Browse the theme zip file from your computer and select it.
- Then, Click on the Install Now button.
Once, the theme is successfully installed and then Activate it. These are the two methods that users can widely used to Install the themes for their blogs or websites.
How to Delete WordPress Themes?
Always to delete the themes which are not in use because installing more number of themes on your WordPress blog leads you to take more time on loading a page. So, it is a best practice to delete the themes when it is not in use and reduces the Bounce rate as well.
How to delete the themes completely from the WordPress:
- First go to the your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance>Themes
- Click on the theme which you want to delete.
- Delete it
This is one of the possible way to delete the theme from your WordPress.